Academic Summer London
Academic Summer, London offers academic and challenging summer programmes for British and international students aged 13 to 17. Located at DLD College in the heart of London, 5 mins from Westminster and the River Thames. DLD College is a new building with modern classrooms, a theatre, a dining room, coffee shop and single ensuite boarding accommodation, all under one roof.
The summer programme combines a challenging and inspiring academic programme with an enjoyable leisure programme which includes five half-day and two full-day trips per week. All students participating will gain a CPD accredited Be a Leader qualification that encourages students to learn new skills, work in a team and develop their leadership skills. Students aged 15+ can choose from an excellent range of academic subjects taught by specialist teachers. Each student has their own individual timetable.
- Students have the opportunity not only to visit London but to experience living in this amazing city. DLD College is in the heart of the capital near to Big Ben and the London Eye.
- Students study the full range of academic subjects offered with A Level/GCSE focus
- All students participate in Be a Leader to gain a CPD-accredited certificate.
- Learn from world-class teachers
- The specialist & intensive Get ready for Medicine is offered in London for those students who wish to dedicate their life to medicine and want to have a head start or for those who are not sure and want to understand better what a life in a medical field would be like.
- Combine the London location with Academic Summer‘s course near Bristol so students get the contrast of the city and the countryside.
- Day courses available for students aged 7-12
Courses at School
- Academic Preparation
- Young Learner Courses
- English + Academic Programme
- IB preparation
- Medical studies
- Science and Mathematics
- Summer vacation
"You become extrovert naturally on this camp. I do not like talking in class, but here I love it a lot. This camp will change you completely. The weirdest thinks are the best like testing our urine during the Get ready for Medicine."
"I feel it is really helping me to be prepared for the learning of GCSE I am going to start in September. I really like the way how the topics were taught. It is nice experience to meet very different people and to be in such boarding house is so much fun, but you still have your own privacy and your bathroom."