South Africa - a place where everyone should go at least once in their lives!!
“South Africa is the most beautiful place on earth. Admittedly, I am biased but when you combine the natural beauty, and the fact that the region is a haven for Africa´s most splendid wildlife, then I think that we have been blessed with a truly wonderful land.” Nelson Mandela
At the tip of the African continent, South Africa is an adventure lover´s paradise and one of the most diverse and magical countries in the world. The Republic of South Africa is 5 times the size of the UK and offers ever-changing scenery and has a little bit of everything — dry deserts, high mountains, subtropical woodlands, modern cities, friendly people and amazing wildlife.
With its temperate and pleasant climate, South Africa enjoys one of the world´s highest average daily hours of sunshine and with so much to see and do every month of the year, there is no bad time to visit South Africa. The west is best visited in the warmer months (November to April), while the eastern flank of the country is ideal in the cooler months (May to October).
South Africa offers students and travellers such a diverse choice of exciting and inspiring places to explore.
10 unmissable things to do and see in South Africa
- Visit Cape Town – often referred to as The Mother City
- Explore Cape Peninsula and the penguin colony at Boulder´s Beach
- Drive The Garden Route – 200km of some of the most stunning scenery in the world
- Experience an unforgettable wildlife safari and see the Big Five at Kruger National Park
- Take an adventure at Blyde River Canyon – one of the country´s most beautiful natural landmarks
- Sample some of the best wine in the world in the South Africa Wine Region not far from Cape Town
- Visit the inspiring Drakensburg Mountains with incredible vistas and countless waterfalls
- See wild elephants at the Addo Elephant National Park
- Learn about South Africa´s jouney to democracy at the Soweto Township in Johannesburg
- Climb Table Mountain – Capetown´s most prominent natural landmark
For students looking for a high quality English language programme in South Africa, take a look at QE´s two wonderful accredited and family owned schools in Capetown, Kurus English and Interlink School of Languages.