ELC Brighton and its sister school Eastbourne School of English 'exceed expectations' in all categories
26 June 2012
The Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) inspected The English Language Centre Ltd - ELC Brighton and its sister school Eastbourne School of English - at the beginning of May 2012. The inspection report found that the centres 'exceed expectations' in all categories. Read the full ISI Inspection report.
Amongst many very positive comments the report says:
The quality of the curriculum, teaching and learners’ achievement - "Grade 1 - Exceeds Expectations"
- "The school’s provision is of high quality in accordance with its ambitious aims."
- "The range, design and organisation of course provision are excellent."
- "The quality of teaching is excellent and contributes very effectively to students’ learning. Its main strength lies in the consistently high level of skills and experience of its teaching staff, further sharpened and developed by extensive internal and external professional development."
- "The school offers a wide range of courses of a high quality."
Students’ welfare, including health and safety - "Grade 1 - Exceeds Expectations"
- "The care of students is a major strength of the school."
- "Pastoral care for all students is exceptionally good."
- "...both centres provide excellent accommodation."
- "There is an exceptionally good social programme of activities."
- "The premises at both the Brighton and Eastbourne centres are of a high quality and are well suited to their educational purposes."
- "An excellent rapport exists between students and staff. Students are very confident during lessons because of the encouragement they receive."
The effectiveness of governance, leadership, and management - "Grade 1 - Exceeds Expectations"
- "The school is strongly governed and extremely well led and managed at all levels."
- "The school has a clear mission and ethos which comes from a passion for the teaching of language and is shared by management and staff alike."
- "Teaching and administrative staff are of a consistently high quality and management displays an exceptional commitment to staff development for both centres."
- "Outcomes for students are excellent."
- "The excellent websites ... provide accurate, clear and comprehensive information about the two centres and their courses and policies, which is helpful for prospective students."
Test your English
Quality English have teamed up with Intuto to offer all of our website users the opportunity to test their English before applying for a course.
Test your English »
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011