- Friendly, family-run school, started by Brian Hawthorne in 1971
- Fully-accredited school (ISI, British Council, Quality English)
- Highly Trusted Sponsor (Tier 4 General)
- Beautiful location at the heart of the English Riviera in the England's most beautiful county
- 2 elegant Victorian buildings with gardens only 500 metres from the beach
- All homestay accommodation within walking distance of the school
- Excellent activity programmes for adults and teenagers
- Qualified and experienced team of teachers
- Wide range of adult courses available at all levels
- Homestay and Residential courses for teenagers
- 50+ courses with several possible start dates
- Average age in adult school in 2012: 31 years
- Cambridge First, Advanced and IELTS preparation courses
- Specialists in English for Business
- Specialists in Teacher Methodology Courses for Non-Native Speaker English Teachers
- English Plus courses that can combine English tuition with Golf, Walking, Art or Music.
- Freshly prepared food served daily in the school canteen
- Free wi-fi and broadband computer access with 16 pcs for use by students
The emphasis during lessons is on increasing fluency, accuracy and confidence when speaking and on improving and developing your listening skills. You will acquire the vocabulary, expressions and strategies needed to cope effectively in the most important everyday situations.
For full details click here.
Academic Year Course (30 weeks +)
Business English Combination Course (28 hours per week)
Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) - 8 and 12 weeks
Cambridge English First (FCE) - 9 and 12 weeks
Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE)
English & Art
English & Golf -Beginners' package
English & Golf -Handicap package
English & Golf -Pre-Handicap package
General English & Business English (23 hours per week)
General English (15 hours per week)
General English (23 hours per week)
General English Combination Course (28 hours per week)
IELTS Preparation Course
Long Stay General English (12 weeks +)
Teenager Homestay Courses.
Teenager Residential Courses
VIP Course (23 hours per week)
VIP Course (27 hours per week)
VIP Course (31 hours per week)
We offer a full and varied social programme all year round for adults to choose from. We have 2 minibuses to take students to every corner of Devon & Cornwall - from historic cities, towns & villages, to picturesque beaches and the remote and romantic landscape of Dartmoor National Park. Let us show you why this area is considered one of England's most beautiful.
In summer, there is a dynamic and engaging social programme for teenagers in our main and Residential schools.
We offer a wide range of accommodation, standard and Executive, all within walking distance (max 20 minutes approx) of the school and town centre.
Attention to individual requirements where possible
Petra , Czech Republic
"I couldn't have had better teachers. I wish I could spend more time here."
Kyung-Suk , Korea, Republic of
"I wish I could learn English in the Devon School again. I never forget the time when I was in UK."
Ursula , Switzerland
"We would like to thank you all very much for the care and the lessons you have been giving to us. We learned a lot and we now have the feeling being well prepared for our future tests."