Torquay International School (TIS)
This long-established school in the "English Riviera" offers a wide range of courses, all of which meet the same high standards demanded by the highly dedicated and welcoming owner. The host families are proud to work with the school and the care and interest they show in their guests adds another dimension to the experience of studying at TIS.
- We are among the top 5% of UK schools, according to the latest British Council inspection
- Small class sizes (average 6‐7 students)
- Torquay host families enjoy a very high standard of living, and provide students with a real taste of British life and culture.
Courses at School
- Academic Preparation
- Academic Year
- EAP/Academic English
- Business English - General
- Business English - Specialised
- English for Specific Purposes
- Banking and finance
- Mature students
- Medical courses
- Oil and Gas
- Travel and tourism
- Examination Courses
- Trinity GESE
- Young Learner Courses
- High school programmes
- Outside of summer
- Summer vacation
"All the staff are very understanding, it’s like a big family. I met international students, improved my English and spent unforgettable moments here."
Federica and Xabier, Venezuela
"We loved Torquay, it felt like home. The whole experience was amazing and 100% repeatable."